Saturday, January 26, 2013

How my Clean Eating Journey Started

My journey to Eat Clean started two weeks after my son was born. We were in the midst of a growth spurt and he needed to nurse every hour on the hour which meant we spent a lot of time sitting on the couch watching TV or Netflix and heating up a microwaveable meal for lunch. Any Mom wants to lose weight ASAP after her baby is born and so I stocked up on the low cal, microwaveable foods because they were easy and convenient, and supposedly healthy. The calorie info seemed legit enough for me at the time. Yes, I am cringing right now thinking about the sodium, GMO's and junk that is in microwaveable food. YUCK! Anyways, I was trying to find something interesting to watch on Netflix and saw the Food, Inc. documentary and decided to press play. If you haven't watched Food, Inc. yet you need to!!! You will probably never want to eat fast food again and it might change your life.

After Food, Inc. I watched Fat, Sick and Nearly Dead and then Fork Over Knives. My hubby came home and I made him watch them too. I was in disgust. How could I be feeding my family such junk??

It has been 8 months since my husband and I decided to Eat Clean and there have been some ups and downs. I have lost 50 of the 62 pounds I gained while pregnant and haven't bought a bag of potato chips because I can't get over the thought of the GMO's hidden inside of them. I also have left the grocery store buying way too much "organic junk food" and spending ridiculous amounts of money on groceries. It's a life change and I know it will take a while to find the right balance between Eating Clean and overspending on food.

Clean Eating is definently not the most convienent way of life, you have to put some thought into planning your meals and must resist the temptaion of peanut butter cups and diet sodas...my weakness. But, you will feel so much better!!! So, give clean eating a try, your body will thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment