Monday, April 1, 2013

M.I.A

My goodness!! I can't believe it has been almost a month since I lost posted on my blog. Life has just been so crazy the past couple of weeks and my blog and clean eating have taken somewhat of a back seat. We had family in town from New York, celebrated the Persian New Year and battled tonsillitis all within a couple of weeks and I am exhausted!!! We had a good month, besides my poor sweet baby getting tonsillitis.

After a crazy month like I had in March, I feel like I need to recharge my batteries and regain some strength. In all the rush and chaos I found myself grabbing granola bars, Lara bars and lots of grains to fill me up...except that I never felt full. So I would turn to fruit or something yummy, and I still was not full. I was bloated and feeling foggy, but not satisfied.

So, after a couple of weeks of feeling like garbage and having no energy what so ever I have decided to start a month long challenge, The Whole 30. You can check out the website here.

BASICALLY I am attempting the unthinkable and going without grains, sugar or dairy for 30 while days. Yeah I know, sounds crazy to me too. So far today has not been so bad. I had a lot of errands to do in preparation of my hubby's trip to Cali so two of my meals were eaten out.

I had a salad at the mall with mixed organic greens, chicken, tomatoes and cucumbers and a side of fruit. My hubby had some delicious looking Chinese food and at first I wanted to kill him. How could he eat rice in front of me?! But I know that I have 29 more days left and he did not sign up to do this challenge and I did. Plus, he skipped his usual chocolate chip cookie from the cookie place just for me!! Pretty sweet, huh?? So that was breakfast. No dressing on the salad, I smashed the tomatoes up and just used to juice from that to give my brain the illusion of a dressing.

Lunch was a turkey burger wrapped in ice burg lettuce from a burger place. I resisted temptation of picking on my hubby's order of french fries or drinking a soda. I actually quite enjoyed my lettuce wrap with pickles, tomatoes and avacado.

For dinner we had roasted carrots, zucchini and filets that we grilled. I baked an apple with a little cinnamon sprinkled on top for "dessert." Taste like a crustless apple pie!!!

All in all, today has not been so bad. I did really want a cookie from the mall but other than that, it wasn't horrible. I don't feel starved, im actually pretty full. I did snack on a banana and some pineapple today. The best part is I was not in a lazy funk this afternoon. Its 11pm and I still have energy.

Lets see how tomorrow is...

No comments:

Post a Comment