Saturday, February 2, 2013

Lunch Date at Ruggles

I may have died and gone to a real foodie's heaven! I have found a restaurant that boycotts the use of GMO's, is environmentally friendly and try to serve local ingredients. The best part, the food is amazing. It is so reassuring to be able to order off of there menu and know I'm not eating genetically modified garbage. My hubby and I enjoy eating out on his days off work for lunch, and chose to eat at Ruggles both times so I think it's safe to say we have started to obsess with this place.

On Tuesday, we were running around the Galleria area and stopped by their River Oaks location. We had our son with us and I was a little worried that they wouldn't be so baby friendly and may not have high-chairs or it might be too quiet inside. It definitely was a little hard to find a table because they were so busy but it was worth the wait!! I ordered the Ruggles Green Blackened Shrimp Salad and it was the best salad I have ever eaten in my life, seriously. Delicious blackened shrimp on top of a bed of fresh greens, strawberries, blueberries, pistachios and a delicious citrus dressing. I have raved about this salad to everyone and if they sold the dressing I would have bought several bottles. My hubby ordered the Hydroponic Butter Lettuce Wedge and the Ruggles Green Kobe Beef Burger with a tabbouleh salad as a side. I had a bite of his burger and it was amazing!! Very clean tasting and the bun was delicious.

Earlier today we stopped by the City Centre location for lunch, again with our son and I must say this location is much more baby friendly. We ordered and let our son play on the faux grass park in front of the restaurant and ate outside. My hubby ordered the Wedge again and the Turkey Reuben and I ordered a house salad and the Spicy Chicken Tacos. My salad was huge and the dressing was fantastic. I was pleasantly surprised with the tacos, the chicken was not drowned in some tomato-ey sauce but instead had an amazing spice mix on it.

Ruggles Green has truly made my hubby and I fans and I am sure we will become regulars at the City Centre location. You can check out their website here.

P.S. Try the melon iced tea!!!

2 comments:

  1. Yum! I need to check Ruggles out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You should!! I forgot to mention that they are also pretty affordable, two people could easily eat under $20.

    ReplyDelete